Sunday, December 16, 2007

Ugh, the part I hate!

The pieces are all knitted. They sit patiently resting while I contemplate finishing choices.

First off...do I hand or machine sew the seams? Machine is faster. I know that it works well with thinner yarns. I grafted the shoulders on my knitting machine but the side seams are just so long. I'd have to do it in sections. That could be a pain. I guess I'll hand sew the side and sleeve seams. No biggie.

Hmmm.....Buttons, Toggles or a Tie for a closure? Do I want to make my own toggles?? I can, you know. I love to make them with sculpy clay! So many options for designs and shapes since I do it myself. I once sculpted buttons of my Old English Bulldog, wrinkles and all! I embed a wire loop I make and bake em in the oven. Then I'll paint them. I make my own buttons too. I make lengths of I cord for chinese knot loops. I learned those off different internet sites.

Should I finish up the hem in some way, or leave it plain? A nice crocheted edge will tighten it up and make it look neater. Since the garment is in a plain ST stitch a nice textured edge would be nice....something not extravegant like picots or shells. I Tat.....a nice edge of tatting would be alot of work, but it would be beautiful. I'd have to use the same yarn tho....maybe crochet or knit edge would be better. Charmknits has some cute ones.

So, here I sit typing instead of finishing the thing!!!!!
I guess I'll get to it now and post pictures of all my hard choices later! :)
Happy knitting.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome all of your comments and ideas. After all, how else do we learn and improve?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home