Monday, December 17, 2007

The Long Coat




As you can see, I overcame my fears of heavier yarns on my sewing machine. This is the Long Coat I have mentioned being sewn with a ziz-zag stitch.




I basted all my seams with the aran yarn, and then put it to the machine.



Oh, by the way....When sewing with lighter yarns like sport and DK, the standard sewing needle for knits is fine. When using worsted etc you must remember to change to the standard needle for Heavy weight fabrics!! The picture above is the perfect result of that particular Brainfart.



This is the coat, wrong side facing, with completed seams. I have yet to add the hood and button bands or do any end weaving. I'll do that tomorrow then post pics.

Happy Knitting to all









Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome all of your comments and ideas. After all, how else do we learn and improve?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home