Friday, February 8, 2008

Finally Friday

Lets see.... What's new today? Besides adding new items at the "store" not much on the crafting end of life. I took the day off. I got up this morning and knew it would be one of those days.

Every morning I take my kids to school. Great private school, internationally known...big tuition and no school busses for the kids in our town. WHAAAA? you say. That's right, no busses for us locals. Anyhooo. It's been cold and wet. These things don't go well with cars. Least of all mine. So, I get up and go to warm up the car while we all get ready. I couldn't get in the freaking car. Not only were the doors sealed by ice, but the inner workings of the doors were too. Once I broke through the outer shell with the help of a hairdryer I couldn't unlock the doors. Long story short, I was able to unlock the hatchback, crawl through the trunk and pop out of the back seat. Got the car started and warmed up but still couldn't get the doors unlocked. My teenaged diva daughter was refusing to go to school. "NO One is going to see me flop out of the trunk!!" said she. No way my children are going to miss school and intrude on my quiet time. "Don't want to crawl out of the trunk? Climb out the friggin window then cause you are going to school."I replied as I rolled down the window. We comprimised.....I dropped her off 1 block from school so she could gracefully climb out the window unseen. "That's better than out the trunk at the main door" Which after all her fussing and screaming is what I wanted to do. By the way...the locks thawed almost immediately after she got out..... The lesson here? You don't screw with Mom in the morning before coffee. Always be nice until the cobwebs are gone and the caffine has seeped into the bloodstream. There's another lesson here too. Don't lock your car doors in bad weather and buy lock de-icer

Now I don't think you should be mean to your your kids no matter how much they may deserve it....never have and never will. But there are just times where you can't help being a tad devious.

So, when my mornings start out like that I know my whole day won't be right. Sure enough...went to the bank for cash, bank closed due to employees attending an event. What bumblehead closes a bank in the middle of the week with no holiday for an excuse?? Then I went to pay my electric bill at a pay place instead of mailing a check...the lines were down and the machine wouldn't work for the cashier. Off to the post office to mail out some orders and realized that they were at home waiting to go to the post office...along with my wallet. So, since the first three items on the to do list were busts, I curled up with coffee and a baby project I'm working on. I did nothing else. Tomorrow must be better. Couldn't be much worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome all of your comments and ideas. After all, how else do we learn and improve?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home