Thursday, February 28, 2008

A new Obsession!

As you know, I get into all kinds of crafts. Now there's something new to share... Weaving! I got a hold of a nifty little gadget. Even though it was never used (all the little parts were still sealed in the original baggie) or assembled before me, it is over 30 years old so it is a very basic thing


This is an 8DPI Rigid Heddle Weaving loom. It has a weaving width of 25". It is considered a 2 harness loom. What ever the heck that is!


I have no freakin clue what I am doing! I have hand loomed with Weave-It's for a long time, so the basics aren't completely foriegn to me. Has anyone ever seen "Drafts" for weaving before? It's the chart a weaver follows for the patterning.





These are so different from anything that us knitters and crocheters are used to. Theres numbers and things everywhere. Here's a draft that I found online. I feel no copyright guilt, as I got it from a public domain site.

You need a multi harness loom for this.


This is a simple chart that is written for the RH like mine.






This is a complicated one that is done on floor and table looms. They have foot pedals to play with. That's all I know about that.
















So, this will truely be an adventure. I'll post often. Since I am learning this from 2 books (and nothing else. I am taking no classes or anything more that help and advice online) this may be an amusing journey!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome all of your comments and ideas. After all, how else do we learn and improve?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home