Monday, November 17, 2008

Birdies and Spinning and my teacup

Hey!!! Look what is in my Teacup!




The tiny chick that I had to pull from the nest is doing well. No objections whatsoever to a syringe and formula. It is way too tiny to sit in anything else in the brooder, so he now resides in a teacup. I dream of the day he will need to upgrade to a bowl. I took a couple of pictures of #4 and #5 together so you can see how tiny and pathetic "he" is. They are 2 days apart in age. It will be painfully obvious why I had to pull him! Take a look! Sorry the picture isn't great, but #4's eyes opened a bit today and I don't want to mess him up with a flash. It's been snowing all
day so it's cloudy out, and not great photo taking time inside.....I'll fix it later with photoshop. Notice that #5 is wicked tilted? He can't stand on his own yet. At the time of the photo, #4 was rocking and hissing at me. There are only 2 days difference here!!!
I have decided to name him Dizzy. He can't walk or stand on his own so he just scoots around and around in circles......
Since I love spinning and so does Dizzy, he is here to stay. I will not sell this baby.

Here is Dizzy and #3 early this evening...better light and no flash. I moved my hand just a tiny bit, and he fell over right as I took the picture! Cute little bird.
I have started spinning the Maroon merino that Raven needed done. Beautiful stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome all of your comments and ideas. After all, how else do we learn and improve?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home