Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fiber news

On the fiber end of things....

I got my new Spindolyn. It's very pretty, but I can't get it to work. Frustrating. I think it's not right. It makes scraping grinding noises while it tries to spin around. It ticks me off when I spend money for something and can't get it to do what it's meant to. More on that later.








I've started to spin Raven's Marroon merino. Very nice stuff. Here is is looking all bunched up before being predrafted.









This is it on the wheel getting loaded onto the bobbin. Once I finish the Marroon, there is a nice blue merino of Ravens I have to work on. Still no word from her as to what weight or ply she wants the yarn, so I am just doing a single. It won't be long today before I wet and hang the single to lock in the twist. I don't want to do anything else to it until I find out what she wants exactly. The single is beautiful so far and I know she'll be pleased.





I truely love spinning. It's fun, relaxing and I can listen to my ipod with out loosing count or being distracted. It sets a rithym for me to treadle by. It's funny how the beat of music can make your hands and feet work together faster or slower. I find that spinning to music makes the work flow smoothly because I don't "think" about what I am doing....it seems to just happen. Wouldn't it be nice if the Spindolyn worked that well with me?





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome all of your comments and ideas. After all, how else do we learn and improve?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home