Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Spindolyn and Patience

Okay, I'm not the most patient of people. A zap of graphite where the Spindolyn's shaft meets the quill and it spins like crazy. What do they say about gift horses?? Needless to say, it spins faster than I can draft the fiber. Is "Ask and ye shall recieve" or "Careful what you wish for the better phrase to insert here? All of the above I think!! So the Spindolyn works wonderfully. I'm still a bit awkward with the pulling straight up to draft. It's different! I'm going to shoot some video of it... it's really nice. Now I need to figure out how to put the video here on the blog.

I finished spinning Raven's Maroon merino and have started on the Blue. There is less of the Blue than the Maroon. I think she's going to make socks with it. Yummy!

Here is the maroon wrapped on my homemade Niddy Noddy. It isn't pretty, but it works! I need to finish it out so the twist is locked in and then ball it up! It is truely wonderful feeling, and a great color!

This is a close up of the maroon merino. The picture above shows the true color.




Here is the Blue, before any pre drafting or work was done to it.





On to the daily Dizzy report...

He's growing!! He actually is gaining weight. These pictures were taken Wednesday (today). I took a picture of the nestmates for comparision too.
Here are chicks 1-4 as of today. They all have their eyes open and can stand. You can see that #1 is starting to feather alot. He even has a cool little spike on top of his head. It looks like a yellow horn. The others are starting to feather a tiny bit, but not like Spike.
This is Dizzy this morning at 8 days old. He has made it through the first crucial week. Look and you can see his little eye. It isn't opened yet, but it's there. He just lays around, holding his head up enough to eat.

Here he is this afternoon. He's standing!!!! Lookie, he's STANDING ON HIS OWN!!! What a trooper.

Dizzy getting his dinner. OMG!!!

His eye is opening!! How cool! What a differnce from 3pm (pic above left) and 6pm

Two milestones in one day. I have high hopes for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome all of your comments and ideas. After all, how else do we learn and improve?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home