Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring might be here at last

Im not sure, but spring might finally be here in Vermont. Hard to say for sure, since it snowed on Easter! Anyway, it's been warm all week. Warm by my standards is 45 degrees, but it's been in the 50's here! I love it.
Check out the sunset from my porch the other evening!

In fiber news..... Im busting my hiney to create woven goodies, handspun yarns, needle felted animals and other things in time for the annual Jamacia Fiber Fest in Jamacia Vermont. I am hoping to have enough to be a vendor. For more information on the fiber festival, please go to http://www.margiesmuse.com/ Margie is an extremely talented fiber artist. A wiz on a weaving loom. Her shop is perfectly charming. If you are close enough to venture to this part of vermont you really should come for the fiber festival.

Boudica!!! It's hard to believe that she is already 5 months old!!! Not only that but she is a he. Regardless of what it is, it's loved. Boudica is starting to try to mimic some sounds and words. He's going to be a chatterbox. He loves to entertain and pose for the camera. Here are the most recent pics of my perfect fully grown up studmuffin.



Giving kisses Posing
Hoodie zipper attack!!!
Exploring the "back yard"

Now the snow is gone and all the ice has melted. It's time for exploration!! As you know from previous posts Im in the beautiful green mountains of Vermont. I have one in my "back yard" (see sunset pictures above). The first warm day I could, I got up the hill and took lots of great photos of streams, waterfalls and stone ledges. Because bears are on the move now, and the back yard is also the territory of a bobcat, I took my trusty sidekick Cricket for protection. (Ha! that's funny) Because it wouldn't be fair to leave her, I also took my daughters toy poodle. Fantastic protection against bears, huh? The poodle wouldn't be a bobcat mouthfull! Anyway, I took them both. They help find trails and fun. They also know where the good water is!! Yummy fresh water. Can't buy that in a bottle!! Here's what I saw. This is Aeolus Mountain.




Imagine what this will look like in May when the trees are all leafy!!























































































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome all of your comments and ideas. After all, how else do we learn and improve?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home